This bread is haunting. The recipe makes two 9x5 breads. If you are only going to use one, give the other as a gift or freeze it for yourself.
| • 1-1/3 stick BUTTER, room temperature
• 1 -3/4 cups SUGAR
• 4 EGGS
• 2 cups PUMPKIN PUREE
• 2/3 cups MILK
• 3-1/2 cups FLOUR
• 2 tbs. spices:combination of CINNAMON, NUTMEG, GINGER, CLOVES
• 3 tsp. BAKING POWDER
• 1 tsp. SEA SALT
• 1-1/2 cups CHOPPED WALNUTS
|• Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter two 9X5 bread pans.
• In large bowl cream butter and sugar until smooth.
• Add eggs, one at a time, beating with a fork until light.
• Blend in pumpkin and milk.
• In another bowl combine the dry ingredients.
• Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients blending with a rubber spatula.
• Add walnuts and fold into buttered pans.
• Bake for an hour. Cool on rack.