All risottos are labor intensive but well worth it. Make sure you have the ingredients ready to go because once you start cooking there is no stopping until you are done.
• 1 large ONION, chopped into smallish pieces
• 1 large GARLIC, minced
• 1-1/2 cup ARBORIO RICE
• 2 cups diced FRESH PUMPKIN
• 4 cups STOCK, preferably vegetable or Bragg's Liquid Aminos
• 1/2 cup freshly grated PARMESAN CHEESE
• NUTMEG to taste
• SEA SALT and PEPPER to taste
– Sauté the onions in oil for about 4 minutes.
– Add the garlic and sauté for one minute more.
– Add the rice and pumpkin and sauté for one more minute being sure it is all evenly coated with the oil.
– Add stock until the mixture is barely covered and keep stirring until all the liquid is absorbed.
– Keep adding stock and stir constantly, repeating the process until the rice reaches a desirable creamy texture without losing it's rice qualities. About 30 minutes.
– Add the nutmeg, salt, pepper and cheese.
– Serve hot. Serves 4-5.