- Baked Goods
- Food by Color
This recipe has been in my collection for a long time. I make extra every year and give it out in little jars as holiday gifts. I also make sure there is a lot leftover for me to use with my morning eggs, on vanilla ice cream, etc.
• 2 cups firmly packed BROWN SUGAR
• 1/2 cup apple cider VINEGAR
• 1 teaspoon CURRY POWDER
• 1 teaspoon ground GINGER
• 1 teaspoon ground CLOVES
• 1 teaspoon ground CINNAMON
• 1-3/4 cups WATER
• 2 LEMONS, zest grated, pitted and sectioned
• 2 ORANGES, zest grated, pitted and sectioned
• 1 APPLE, peeled and chopped
• 1/2 cup golden RAISINS
• 2 12 ounce bags of fresh organic CRANBERRIES
In a large saucepan combine the first seven ingredients with 1-1/2 cups water. Bring to a boil, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
Add the lemons, oranges, and apple and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the raisins and 1 bag of cranberries, simmer for 30 to 40 minutes, until thickened.
Add the remaining bag of cranberries and remaining 1/4 cup water if needed, simmer for 15 minutes more. Transfer to glass containers and cool at room temperature. Keep in refrigerator.