|• 2 cups sifted all-purpose FLOUR
• 1 teaspoon BAKING POWDER
• 1/2 teaspoon SALT
• 1 stick BUTTER
• 1 cup SUGAR
• 1 EGG
• 1/4 cup MILK
• 1/2 teaspoon LEMON EXTRACT
• Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt into small bowl.
• In a larger bowl cream the butter and sugar together until smooth.
• Mix in the egg.
• Blend the dry ingredients alternately with the milk and lemon extract.
• Cover in plastic wrap and chill overnight.
|The Next Day:
• Preheat oven to 400°F .
• Cut off a piece of dough and roll out on a floured dry surface. Add more flour to the dough until no sticking occurs.
• Use your favorite cookie cutters then transfer shapes to a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
• Brush on the egg white (see Helpful Hint below) and decorate with sprinkles.
• Bake seven to ten minutes, watching carefully.